Tuesday, January 26

So, we made stew tonight.

Oh, and I cleaned my coffee pot. I mean harsh chemicals and scrubby pads and scalding water and a hazmat team, cleaned it. Yep, it's been that exciting around here, these days.

I've been busily blowing right past deadlines so far, in 2010: NLE registrations, *fwoosh*, gone; Candidate Open House for a lady planning to run for Governor *zooooom* sailed right past me. Thank God my dentist calls the day before to remind me of appointments, and is kind enough to call early in the day so I can remind Zorak that he'll have the kids! Because, yes, we are the Eternally Late leading the Perpetually Behind.

Oh, and today, when I got through to someone at Farmer's (23 minutes on hold) so I could beg them to take our money (they didn't want it online, or in the office - I tried - but today was the deadline, and that's just one you shouldn't blow, right?), the lady laughed and laughed at/with (ahhh, we'll say "with"...) me over the fact that we somehow only owed $12 for our insurance. See, that's what happens when you just wing the payment. Best we could figure from the forensic recreation is that I'd made a payment, forgot, and then made another one (thus, paying this month's bill last month), but just pulled a number out of thin air (not having any actual paperwork in front of me at the time) and called it good. She stayed on the phone with me while I jotted down February's due date on the calendar. Hey, I was going to get my customer service, after that wait! So, we're all set, and we both had a good laugh.

Perhaps 2010 should be my Year of Better Filing? Or maybe when Wells Fargo called to offer me my own Personal Assistant, as a "Thank you for being a valued customer," I should have taken them up on that instead of telling them that if they'd like to thank me and enjoy my appreciation, they can just lower my interest rate, instead, thanks.

Hmm.

No. No, I'm good with that one. I guess we'll focus on the filing system, instead.

Kiss those babies!
~Dy

No comments: