Saturday, January 9

Snow Day

Well, first off, the low last night was 9 degrees. Nine! And the pipes didn't freeze. W00T!!

The "snow" is still around. The kids are thrilled. We've never had "snow" stay past noon, before. Granted, this is more ice pellets & chips on a bed of ice, and therefore infinitely more dangerous and less thoroughly enjoyable than the soft, fluffy snow I remember from my childhood. But I don't tell them that. It would spoil their fun, and keep them inside, staring wistfully through the window.

Since I kept my mouth shut, however, they came up with all manner of fun things to do, not the least of which was... Ice Hockey!

And after a while, they straggled in, one-by-one, for hot chocolate and a place by the fire.

Not a lot of snow, but a very good Snow Day.

Kiss those babies!
~Dy

5 comments:

GrammaMack said...

Just wondering, is there any kind of safety gate between the kids and the wood stove?

One of my sisters fell against a wood stove when she was learning to walk and after numerous skin grafts still bears the scars on her chin and hands decades later. That probably contributes to my paranoia!

Amy said...

So nice! Playing in the snow then hot cocoa. A perfect winter day.

I love the ice hockey - brilliant!

gerfinchick said...

For once, I'm glad I don't live in the south. It's been cold up here, too, but I don't think it's been unusually cold, just fairly normal. And we haven't had as much snow this winter as in previous ones so it's pretty dull. Enjoy it while it lasts! Soon it'll be hot n muggy again :)

melissa said...

Snow in bama!! Awesome!

Anonymous said...

LOVE the ice hockey ~ great kids ya got there ma'am:)

Mmm... Hot chocolate...definitely snow day memory for me! Do you make home made? I remember 7th grade Home Ec, they taught us to make hot chocolate. I was like "what the hey?! Ya scoop Nestles into milk and heat!!" Little did I know….

Enjoy the winter ~

Pamela