Wednesday, August 26

OMGosh, where have I been?

I've been sorting, washing, and tagging clothes for the Kids' Swap Clothing Sale in Decatur. I've been sorting, washing, and boxing up things for the thrift store donation, the "gotta get this MAILED" stack, and the "REALLY need to get THIS mailed" pile. I've been to the dentist. I've been to the car wash. I've been going-going-going non-stop for a week!

Mice found the pantry shelf in the basement. Naturally, we don't have doors on it, yet. We will soon, though. Nothing motivates us quite like urgency, does it? Yick. Spent a lot of time reconfiguring that. Thank God for the compost, or I might have cried.

Jason yells, "Maaaaaamaaaaa" all. the. time. now. It'll be darling once we have a bit of space between the event and the memory. His inflection is fantastic, though. We can tell what he wants from clear across the house.

EmBaby just yells. I think she's feeling pressured to keep up with the noise level now that the older boys are doing their studies during the day. I'm sure they appreciate that.

Smidge is happy as a clam, and about to get happier: he gets to be acknowledged as an official Tiger Cub tomorrow night. Woot! (He doesn't know this, yet.) We'll swing by the Scout Shop tomorrow, after yet another dental visit (man, am I just the burgeoning medical butterfly, or what?), and hopefully get the proper dodads glued onto the proper spots in time for the meeting tomorrow.

Don't know what happened with the Pack, but there's been a total 180 lately. It's been fantastic. Even Zorak, who had begun to contemplate semi-spontaneous road trips for Thursdays, looks forward to going. They're *doing* things now. The attitudes have improved. The meetings are more organized. There's a plan-of-sorts in place. Even the kinda-scary-problem-child has been a totally-different-child. Everybody's enjoying the differences.

All this makes for good living, but lousy blogging. How have you all been? Fill me in!

Kiss those babies!
~Dy

5 comments:

Jenni said...

Great news about Scouts! I'm so happy to hear it. I read your posts on FB and thought, "Man, I sure miss Scouts!" Some day you'll be glad you spent all that time packing for camping trips and putting up with the nasty, stanky laundry that comes home with you. And you may just miss it!

Dy said...

Jenni, we were really thankful to see things improve - and honestly, we didn't expect, in our wildest dreams, to see improvement that rapid or that drastic. (I hope nobody got threatened too badly... although, if that's what it took...)

And yes, I know I'll miss it. I look from Jason to James and just want to scream, "Wait! SLOW DOWN! Wait!" But they don't listen. They just laugh and keep going, growing... Silly kids.

H said...

I'm glad to hear you're all doing well! I can't believe that Smidge is old enough for Cub Scouts, but I'm looking forward to pictures of him in his uniform. I'm sure he'll be *glowing*.

momanna98 said...

Lil' L is constantly yelling "MOMMY!" She knows a few other words, but that one is her favorite. It doesn't matter who or what she wants, it's always, "MOMMY!"

Anonymous said...

Wow ~ is this the same scout group that was er...a..."challenge" in the not so distant past? Good job attracting your good!

Best of luck with the volume levels. You do such a good job of enjoying what you can. I bet hte kids will remember this part of life with huge "heart smiles" :)

Thanks for sharing

Pamela