Tuesday, June 30

It's Over!

I hope.

Had the surgery this morning to knock out the rest of the Death Star. This time through was a whole different ball of wax, on a few levels. Instead of being out for four hours, I was only out for one. Less bleeding, less pain, less nausea. Good-bye Joe? Oh, I hope!

The staff at Huntsville Hospital was fantastic, so that was the same. (I did get the lady again who refuses to use the word "urinate". She's very nice, and I'm sure she's quite capable. However, I'm also rather glad that they put her at the end of your stay, as the repeated use of the word, "pee-pee" just doesn't instill confidence.) Really, my only gripe about Huntsville Hospital is that it's not horribly clean. But the nurses are amazing. My doc is phenomenal. The receptionists and techs, everybody, really, is just great. Even pee-pee lady. And the doc prefers to use that one, because their Astroid-Shooter (as James calls it) is better than the one at Crestwood. All in all, good stuff.

Got home and crashed. The boys made me lemonade, since they know that's recommended for kidney stones. I'm so spoiled.

The Bigs had Scouts tonight, so Zorak took all five children, kicked the Bigs off at their meeting, and took the Littles to the park. So sweet. (And it is SO quiet.) It's wonderful to have the house so peaceful while I'm waiting for the meds to kick in! (Did I mention how spoiled I am? It's wonderful.)

Just... trying to fight the urge to clean. I haven't been alone in the house in ages, and it's so, so tempting. Must fight it. I guess I'll go read blogs for a bit. If I leave a loopy comment on yours, please forgive me. I'll try to get off the computer before it gets too bad.

Kiss those babies!
~Dy

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh I hope that Joe is gone and that you will be feeling much better soon.
gentle hugs
Kathy

Consent of the Governed said...

Feel better real soon!

Meliss said...

Back away from the cleaning supplies! ;-)

I hope you get rested and heal quickly.

Jenni said...

Take care of yourself, Dy. Although it sounds like your family is doing a pretty good job of that too. I'm so glad you were able to get in and get this taken care of. I'm sure you'll be back to your old self--pre-Joe--in no time.

gerfinchick said...

Yay! It's gone and I hope you never have another one again! Feel better and relax...remember, if you clean, it'll just get dirty again ;)

mere said...

I can't wait for the day when your kidney is all free and clear of things that shouldn't be there. I am so glad that things went so much better this time. Take care!

mere

Teribear68 said...

Let yourself rest Dy. Kidney stones are nothing to rush the recovery on. I've had a couple myself. One like Joe that required the stent and wait process and most recently a matched pair that showed up while I was on an out of town trip and were promptly lasered into sand by the wonderful doctor there. I was wiped out for several days after both procedures. So give yourself time to just veg and feel better soon!

Anonymous said...

How are you feeling today?

melissa said...

Hope that the spoiling continues so that you get plenty of time to recuperate. Glad that everything went smoothly. Get better!!

Anonymous said...

Drink your liquids ~ more lemonade boys!

:)P