Monday, April 6

Monday Monday

Where'd this cold front come from? Freezing tonight and tomorrow night! Those-Who-Live-Here have already begun using the flat surface of the stove to hold stuff! Guess what I'll be doing today? Yes, moving that stuff... to other flat surfaces. One day, I will have a home with no flat surfaces, anywhere. Everything'll be rounded off, or just pointy. It will be delightful.

In Other News, we officially have a "farm". We're putting in water to the barn! Not that we have crops down there (the okra didn't make it), or animals (nothing's died down there. yet.) but we will have water! This little improvement greatly increases the odds that future endeavors down there will not die. Always a plus on a farm.

Kiss those babies!
~Dy

8 comments:

Erin said...

Here Here! NO flat surfaces anywhere! I've been trying to catch an elusive laundry or dish fairy, but alas the fairy I've managed to entice is the clutter fairy!

mere said...

It's supposed to freeze here tonight, too. I'm being a big whiner about it...it's not supposed to freeze in April for goodness sake! However, if it's cool now maybe it'll be cool this summer, and that would be a lovely thing.

Yay for the water in the barn!

mere

Jennie C. said...

I love the vision of only pointy surfaces... :-)

Anonymous said...

Wonderful news about the water! I told my Prince the other day, my dream is water and power in the greenhouse. A place to start... and I won't miss extension cords across the lawn and dragging multiple lengths of hose to reach the "seed babies":)

Thanks for sharing,

Pamela

PianoGirl said...

Wow, cool for you!
We weeded yesterday. Both the big beds in the back yard, and it was really fun!
We have the exact opposite weather right now... It got up to 76 degrees today! It was a great change, but a bit too sudden for me. :)
Thanks for posting!
PG

Anonymous said...

Hey! I see Piano Girl!!! I know that precious one...and her terrific gardening skills!

Dy said...

Y'all think I'm kidding, don't you? Pointy surfaces - I can still hang my pots and pans, potholders, and coffee cups.

If all the counter tops were just angled about 15 degrees... my kitchen would look fantastic 24/7!

I'm adding these criteria to my Dream Home, right beside the totally monolithic wall design, with no trim whatsoever!

Pam and PG, I hope you guys will take pictures of the garden party and post them. Or get LB to post them. Or just email 'em to me!

Anonymous said...

Oh ya, there will be Garden Party pics ~ Pam will have her "big girl" camera to catch MANY kodak moments, 'specially cuz LB and the Dude will be busy regaling our garden pals with the wonders of their amazing and creative gardens. Oooo...its gunna be such fun!!

...and then there's the amazing potluck!

...and chickens!...and kitties!..and teens that talk!

:) P