Friday, September 30

This was a fun one!

I discovered our camera (the one that's about to die) has a "self portrait" setting on it. I'm not sure what it does, precisely, but I do know that it means I can cross that arm extension surgery off my wishlist. That, and photos of all of us don't have to be one giant conglomeration of nostrils and eyeballs. WooHoo! Now, to figure out how not to lean so far back that my chin gets sucked into my neck...
 
I'm not sure what Jase was looking at, either. He really was having fun. He rode the carousel every chance he got. But from the expression on his face, it looks like he's waiting for one of the carousel horses to take off. *shrug* Maybe he knows something we dodn't. Anyway, today was a homeschool event at Spring Park. We met some friends there and enjoyed the festive atmosphere.
 
It's a small park, but maintained so beautifully, and laid out so thoughtfully, that it's easy to spend a whole day there without getting bored. Hungry, yes. But not bored.
 
Actually, I think there's a food stand there, as well, but by the time it opened, we were ready to head into town for ice cream. Which I then had to flake out on because of some stoopid hot flashes. I really hope it's sleep deprivation, or not enough red meat in my diet. Something. 20 years of this before hitting any of the actual perks of menopause really doesn't sound like a hot deal. But the walk through downtown Tuscumbia was nice.
 
We hit the Jack's drive-thru for milkshakes, instead, and when we got home, half of us napped and half of us played games for a bit. This silly game is one they all enjoy - Toss Up (Toss It? I honestly don't remember. I just take the pictures and keep score.)
 
The weather was gorgeous. The kids had a lovely time. I am completely bushed. And now, to bed.

Kiss those babies!
~Dy

No comments: