Monday, August 1

The Weekend That Wasn't

It's five in the morning. Monday morning, I believe. The last time I was relatively coherent was, um, Friday afternoon sometime. We had a night hike for Jacob's Pack that night. I'd even reminded Zorak that we had that "hike thing... somewhere". That should have been our first clue that the brain-body connection was going South. By the time one of the parents called to see if we were coming, I had to focus very hard on *who* she was, and *why* she was calling. I was on my way to bed with a box of tissues, some Mucinex, and the Kindle. I'm not really ready to face the week, but it's time. So here we are. On the upside, I love having a Kindle. When you fall asleep reading, it just bookmarks your spot and shuts itself down. *LOVE*

I'm pretty sure it's viral. EmBaby and John weren't feeling well last weekend - fever, sore throat, cough. James and Jacob gave in to it Thursday. Jase went down Friday. I'm not entirely sure Z will be at work today. We'll see.

The tile is IN the laundry closet, all grouted and done. It's so pretty. There's a drain, and a combing, and... no washer. Z figured this would be a good time to reconfigure the ventilation. I'm okay with that. Mostly. The timing isn't that great, to be honest. If it weren't near 100 every day, I wouldn't mind as much. If I were willing to deal with higher temps inside the house, I wouldn't mind as much. As it stands, though, the house is uncomfortably muggy and warm, and the electric bill is still going to be sky high. Timing. And presentation. Two very important things.

I don't know if we'll have full-on lessons today or not. Depends on who is sick and how sick they are. For now, though, I'm going to enjoy the relative cool of the morning and a cup of coffee.

Kiss those babies!
~Dy

1 comment:

Kathy said...

ugh so sorry. Hope everyone feels better soon!