Friday, August 19

PSYCH!

I do love that show. But no, really, I thought we were well. We were well. Except, I had a cough that would not go away. At all. Finally, when sleeping upright in five minute spurts lost its novelty, I went in. Ha - pneumonia. Part of me was glad the doc didn't just tell me it's a virus and there's nothing he can do. (That's a typical Mom Fear, there. You hate to go in for a virus, knowing you could come home with Staph or Malaria or something and just have to go back later.) A (much larger) part of me was SO thankful it wasn't something Really Big And Scary (that would require biopsies and blood). And then a wee, small part of me had to roll its eyes and say, "Really, Dy? Way to go, there, dork." So, a short course of steroids and two weeks of antibiotics later, and we are back in business for real. And all the parts said, "WOOHOO!"

Fingers crossed, and all that.



We had Scouts today. The Bears made bird houses. BSA regulations limit Bears to using only hand tools, but they made the most of it and the houses turned out fantastically!

Our Webelos made the most amazing bat box. (He gets to use the power tools. He did a wonderful job.) He also did some research and taught the rest of us quite a bit about bats. Then Zorak filled us in on more neat things about bats and bat boxes. Now I want a bat box.

The siblings made pine cone bird feeders. The basement smells like the Chipmonk's cafeteria -- all cedar shavings and food.

We have a hike and a spelunking expedition planned for next month. I can hardly wait! There's been more, too, but the laundry calls and for some reason this dinner won't cook itself, so for now --

Kiss those babies!
~Dy

2 comments:

Kathy said...

Love Psych too!

Sorry about the pneumonia, but glad you are feeling better! Antibiotics are wonderful, aren't they?

Sounds like the boys are having lots of fun in Scouts.

Let us know about the spelunking adventure.

Dy said...

OH yes! I am so appreciative of antibiotics!

Hopefully, we'll get some good pictures from the spelunking. The kids are very excited about it. I think we're going rock climbing next, then fishing, and we have a presentation meeting coming up, as well - one meeting set aside for the boys to share the projects, posters, and experiments they've been working on for their achievements. I think I'm looking forward to that last one the most -- they always come up with the neatest things. :-)