Tuesday, August 2

Back to Business

Zorak fell to the crud this morning. The alarm went off, and I heard through the darkness, "My throat... oh god, I need sleep." Yep. That's pretty much it. Thankfully (sorry, Love), he didn't give in to it until this morning, which left him free last night to finish configuring the ventilation on the washer/dryer unit and put it back into place! If we were younger, or not sick, there would have been much fist bumping and booyah-ing. We settled for a test load of whites and satisfied nods. I'm still somewhat surprised that it doesn't feel as dull as it sounds.

Meanwhile, everyone else is healthy and mobile again. As much as I hate it when we catch a virus, I do so appreciate that they're short-lived and not life-threatening. SO thankful.

I had a follow-up with the periodontist today. Had all the body parts crossed, and set a few things on fire in the hope of getting good news. I told the hygienist I felt like a kid at exams, hoping to pass. Something worked -- I got the green light to see my regular, everyday dentist next week to get started on the very last leg of this whole process. (Then I squealed at the hygienist, "I passed!" She laughed. My very sweet, very proper perio only looked between us and muttered something along the lines of, "ok, then." I think he just knows intuitively it wouldn't be funny, even if we explained it.)

And really, I have no clue what else happened today. Been floating on the cloud of relief, hearing the sweet mantra of "almost done!" in my head. Good, good stuff. James gave me a mental high five for getting done just in time for him to start with the orthodontist. AAahhhhh!

Kiss those babies!
~Dy

1 comment:

Kathy said...

poor Zorak! Hope he is feeling better now. Yay on the washer/dryer! PTL on the great checkup too!