Tuesday, January 4

A New Year, A New Focus

WHOA! It's a new year, already?!?

2010 simply got away from me. It wasn't a bad year, but it wasn't a stellar year, either. Zorak noticed it, too. We couldn't figure out why, though, until a friend posted her reading list for the year. Then it hit me, like all obvious things do when you've been narrowly missing the point for quite some time: we lost our focus.

We did very few projects. We made little headway on the Forever Home improvements. We still made forward progress in school, but our actual engaged enthusiasm was... lackluster, at best. We didn't travel much, or explore, even around town. We didn't have Sunday Suppers, and had company over very seldom.

Well, no WONDER the year got away from us. We didn't grab it with both hands, but instead wandered about. Like Mr. Magoo.

Don't misunderstand me. It was a good year in that we are together, and are relatively healthy. We learned and laughed and loved and lived. So, in that respect, it was a Fantastic year, and not wasted, at all. It just made for white space when I'd sit down to blog. We also had to find a new stride in a few areas, and much like making sausage, that's not always something you want to have to relive. (Editor's note: everyone survived, knows they're loved, and found their respective strides - it's all good.)

But this is a new year. I don't have a problem with New Year's Resolutions, and don't have any problem saying "I've gotta do some things differently!"

The first thing? Blogging. And this week, we'll start by planning out the year and finding our focus for 2011.

Kiss those babies!
~Dy

4 comments:

Jennie C. said...

I was wondering about you this week. Glad you're good. Merry Christmas! And happy New Year!

Anonymous said...

Yay, you are back! Missed you!

I love what you said, "We learned and laughed and loved and lived."
I really want to LIVE this year too, as I have been wandering around like Mr Magoo :-D

I need goals. Remember the goal setting board oh so long ago?

Hugs
Kathy

Dy said...

Oh, Kathy, yes! I *miss* that board! I think that's actually where I first set my goal to "read more quantity of higher quality literature" - it stuck with me for six years before I dropped the ball, and has made such a difference over the years.

Jennie, thanks for the wishes. I need to go catch up on your corner of the world, too!

Pam G-O said...

How motivating for me and mine!!!
I especially enjoyed your comment about your friends reading list and your past goal to read more and better.
Looking forward to enjoying the snap shots from your 2011.
Pam