Thursday, January 20

Dhoom, Machale!

Yeah, so. On a Bollywood binge lately. My poor family. It wouldn't be so bad, if I could sing. Or dance. Or speak any of the languages of India. But no. They get me, in all my genetic and cultural limitations. And I subject them to this. There's an entire movie, but this is my favorite part. And no, it has absolutely *nothing* to do with the rest of the movie, as far as I can tell. Didn't matter. After watching Hrithik Roshan dance, I happily watched the entire movie, and enjoyed it.



Seriously. This guy makes the entire cast of Fame look like bumbling oafs from Dr. Frankenstein's School for Dance. If I could get my body to listen to my brain even half as well as Hrithik Roshan does? (A quarter of that dexterity, even. Forget about the actual movements - just to be that limber without owing my chiropractor another chunk of change.)

Oh, the things I could do! And eat. Because that kind of muscle control takes a lot of energy.

More to write, but I have to go help make burritos. I'll explain later.

Kiss those babies!
~Dy

5 comments:

Jenni said...

I love Bollywood. The energy! The random dance scenes! Oh to live in a world where spontaneous yet perfectly choreographed dance scenes might break out at any moment! (And, you know, where I could actually dance also.) It happens in my head all the time, so I love it when I see it happen on the screen--proof I am not so crazy and other people's brains work this way too (I think). My SIL and her friends go to an Indian club somewhere near them in California where dancing like this really does happen. Okay, perhaps not quite so choreographed, but she says it is so much fun and like being dropped into a Bollywood movie. I think even shy, reclusive little me would have trouble resisting the urge to dance in public in such a setting.

Rochelle said...

You should consider watching Kabhi Kushi Kabhi Gham (I may have spelled that wrong). It also featurse great songs and Hrithik dancing :) Go Bollywood!

mere said...

Oh, he can dance!

I think I prefer Ido Portal. I'm pretty much in awe of his ability to move through space.

Do you watch Bollywood movies often?

mere

Erin said...

I know who Zorak is going as next Halloween!

Dy said...

Jenni, I'd go there. And I'm not big on clubbing, but... yeah, that'd be hard to pass up, wouldn't it?

Rochelle, thanks for the suggestion! I'm going to see if I can find it. :-)

Mere, I go in cycles. I'll watch it for a while, and then go for months without popping one in. Then one day, I'll just need a good spontaneous parade/dance movie, or something will click and off I'll go. I love the music. Wish I could speak Hindi. (Course, I wish I could dance, too. So...)

Erin, *pfft* Right. You've met him. I've been trying to get him to go as a pirate for how long, now? There's about as much chance that he'll go as one of these guys as there is that I'll dress up as Aishwarya Rai's character. So it's all fair. But yeah, that doesn't mean I didn't think about it. :-)