Saturday, July 4

Happy 4th of July!

I would post pictures, but I haven't taken any all month. (How awful is that? I'll just leave three blank pages in the photo album and tell the kids to imagine what that month was like.)

James looks SO much better! He's very thankful, and we're looking forward to getting our ducks in a row for future incidents.

The Littles are all well, really. They don't seem to realize that Summer isn't the bestest season in the South. Silly children. They go out to catch frogs and swing on the tire swing and look for snacks in the garden. They play in the little wading pool in the front yard (classy, I know, but nobody can see us, and the back yard drops too many things to keep it clean). They eat otter pops and ice cream and take afternoon naps. Actually, I like Summer the way the kids do it!

We had a Great Adventure yesterday that I hoped would end in me going on and on about a new transportation tool. But, the word "adventure" is so stinkin' ambiguous, isn't it? So, I won't go on and on about it. Let's just say, it was another indicator of just how very differently Engineers and Non-Engineers go about doing things. Thankfully, the world needs both kinds. And nobody was harmed in the making of this Adventure. So. There's that. Maybe next week, we'll have news to report on that front?

Today we're going to a Tea Party. Or not. We haven't quite found the time to sit down and hammer out the plan. I've been going on and on about the Huntsville Tea Party. Zorak chimes in occasionally about the Decatur Tea Party. And the kids just want fireworks, regardless of where we go. My plan today is to get it figured out before noon, so we don't end up with option D, none of the above! :-P How will you be celebrating our Nation's Birthday? What are you most thankful for in this celebration?

Kiss those babies!
~Dy

4 comments:

mere said...

What!? New wheels didn't pan out?

Rats!

We are going to my folks to build a few bridges, eat brisket, and of course, watermelon. I'm just praying it will actually be fun.

Y'all have a great day and Happy Fourth!

mere

Anonymous said...

oh I am so glad that James is doing better!!
How are you feeling?
I'm home with a sick boy who has some sort of tummy bug...and we were supposed to leave on vacation tomorrow :-P
ahhh life with kids!
Kathy

Jennie C. said...

When we bought the van, David dragged us all up to Savannah and stopped in at every dealership to ask, "Do you have any passenger vans?" Some did and I drove them. Many didn't and we moved on. By the fifteenth dealership, I was beat, but he was bound and determined to come home with a van! We stopped for a break of cookies, truffles and Advil at the mall, then headed back out to the likeliest looking one we'd seen. He was gone five minutes, then came back with the keys. Driven, that guy is, I tell you.

Anonymous said...

Dy,

I celebrated this one, as if it might be the last! You never know what a year with the Obama administration can do. Eek.

~sdWTMer