Sunday, December 21

Titles, goals, and other stuff

OK, so we have comment capability and a title section now. Please continue to ignore the orange carpet (background) and lack of window treatments (sidebar) as I'm still moving in, and as most of you know, I've done ENOUGH moving recently in real life that this just wasn't on my list of things I'd planned to do this weekend.
*strike that- I couldn't live w/ the decor and had to change it. C'mon in and have a cup of coffee and a visit. It'll feel like home in no time.*
_______________________________________________________________

Goals. I have goals, as I'm sure most of us do. (I say most because I have actually met individuals who endeavor NOT to achieve, attain, or accomplish diddly in their meager lifetimes. I, however, plan to make the most of the meager and enjoy it thoroughly.) That said, here are some general rambling thoughts on goals for the coming months.

My goals fall into several categories, mostly based on some random mode of connection which even I have yet to solve. But it's there. Just trust me on that.

Schooling:
I'd like to start up next term with a hearty mix of determination and preparedness. This is my upbeat way of saying this year has been a bit of a bust thus far and I'd like to correct that. Oh, the boys have learned quite a lot. They have grown and developed and experienced so much. One's reading has continued to flourish and the other has finally developed an interest in things not mechanical or musical (ie- the boy has discovered BOOKS, glorious books!) We just haven't been what I would call "academically grounded" thus far. On the plus side, one child turned five in Sept and he is partially through first grade, while the other child is just three and is doing great in a pre-k course of study- so it's not like we're falling behind at this point. I'll list our academic goals and materials in the sidebar ... someday.

Home and hearth:
We've been blessed with a family and a home in which to house us. I've been entrusted with the care and maintenance of our home, and my goal for the upcoming months is to continue to grow and develop my abilities as a hometender. I hope to create in our home an inviting, warm, safe enjoyable place for both those who visit and those who live here.

Personal:
On a completely petty and less-than-noble note, I'd really like to get back into my skinny jeans. Or at least my not-large jeans. And breathe. Granted, I'm asking a lot there. Kind of an ironic "have my cake and eat it too" considering that's probably what gets in the way of being able to breathe while I'm in the darned things. Still, it's a goal. It's my goal. I'll blow it if I want to!

That's it for right now. I'm feeling vague, and I'm enjoying that sensation so I don't want to ruin it with details. Sorry. I'll be better about it later.

Maybe.

No comments: