Sunday, December 30

Kitchen Adventures

We had such a lovely Christmas with friends and loved ones. I didn't bother trying to take many pictures on Christmas Day - that was my "gift" to my family. I'm not a fun photographer, and it's just no fun to have Beulah Balbricker yelling at you on Christmas. So. That was fun.

But I *did* get some pictures of Em (aka: The Compliant One) as she put her Christmas gift from MeWa and MeTae to good use.

They brought her a little bag of kitchen goodies - some mixes, a pretty little apron, her own whisk and spatula - Oh, she was elated!

And keeping the camera in my hands forced, erm, helped, me to let her do it all on her own. That was important, in keeping with the spirit of the gift.

We had a really good time.

Thanks, MeWa and MeTae!

I hope your Christmas brought you together with people you love, to do good things and make lovely memories!

Kiss those babies!
~Dy

4 comments:

Kathy said...

oh wow, Embaby has grown up! Love the pictures.

Dy said...

She is growing up *so* quickly! She's nearly seven. How does that happen? :glances warily over at the 14yo... : Yeah. Crazy stuff.

Melora said...

What a wonderful gift (and Such a pretty apron!)! She looks so proud (she is beautiful!).

Anonymous said...

I simply adore the pink and green combo. I wish I could rock those colors as good as she does.
*gasp* I can't believe Em-baby is already 7. How did that happen?
Loved these pics, Dy. It is so fun to watch all your Littles grow up. They are a beautiful group of kiddos.