Monday, February 13

Winter Fun

Today, Zorak brought home a Johnny Rodriguez CD one of his friends had found for him this weekend. (He just *knew* Z would love it - I don't think our friend knows a thing about Johnny Rodriguez, but he knows Zorak well enough to be pretty right-on about it. It's nice to have friends like that.) So, we popped it in... and waltzed. I love waltzing with that man. The kids, however, wanted to know what we were doing. And why.

Um... uh-oh. We've breached some serious law of parental obligation, here, when none of our children knows how to dance. Great Granny's 98th Birthday is coming up, and you know there'll be a barn dance - live music, gorgeous weather - we'd best get on it, or we'll find ourselves in trouble when Granny can't dance with her grandsons BECAUSE THEIR PARENTS DROPPED THE DANGED BALL!! We have a plan in place to remedy this. Also, we should move somewhere with more live music and dancing. This will never do.

Meantime, we had a gorgeous Saturday - Me-Wa came out to do some shooting and see the godbabies. He's so awesome. I wish we lived closer to them, so it wasn't a full day's outing, away from home, just to stop in for a visit. Last time he came out, EmBaby got to try her hand at the Cricket. The balcony has built-in rests. I am beginning to suspect that was intentional...
And today, Jacob made his first-ever solo loaf of banana bread. My only input was pulling it out of the oven. He told me, after they'd devoured the whole thing, "You know how, when you make enchiladas, they don't look that great, but they taste just fine? Yeah :sigh: It was like that." It must have been good, though, because they didn't even leave crumbs for the mice to find.
If this cool weather keeps up, he may get his wings on any number of loaves this week!

Kiss those babies!
~Dy

3 comments:

Emily (Laundry and Lullabies) said...

I cannot believe that SMIDGE is baking banana bread. (Don't tell him that I still think of him as "Smidge", ok?) :)

Anonymous said...

I agree, Emily, totally agree!

Oh, and this is the second time I've read about banana bread this morning (and it's only 10am). Seems the forces that be are conspiring against me to tell me to get up off my comfy chair and make said banana bread. Off I go...

Kathy said...

oh I love it!! Great job on the banana bread!

Smidge sounds like my boy. And I quote "some things that look the worst, taste the best!"

ah kids, gotta love em. Have a great week! oh and Happy Valentine's Day!