Tuesday, February 21

That Was... Exhausting!

The Cub camp-in at the McWane Science Center, in Birmingham, was an absolute blast. My "brilliant" plan to let the kids sleep on the air mattress and take a cot for me to sleep on - alone - turned out to be not so brilliant. Jase thought I looked lonely, so he slept with me. Or, on me. Those cots are not built to sleep two. Everything else, though, went off nicely. The facilities were clean, orderly, and well-maintained. The staff was helpful. The IMAX was fun-fun-fun. The Science Beltloop program they offer is pretty fantastic!
 
The food is just a little below standard industrial food. And I probably wouldn't have minded an earlier-than-midnight lights-out, but the kids were nowhere near ready to stop moving, even then, so I understand. *yawn-stretch-yawn*
 
I didn't see much of our Cubs - they were officially The Big Kids on this outing, and they enjoyed the freedom to roam and explore on their own. We saw proof of their presence, though...
 
What I did see of Jacob, he looked thrilled, busy, and happy. And he did pose for a few obligatory shots here and there before taking off again for more exploring. 
 
Em moved too quickly to capture often in the low-light setting. Jase proved to be pretty pliable and willing, though. He was all over the idea of getting a shot of him being nipped on the head by a Pteranodon, for example.
 
We did learn quite a bit. Mostly, though, we just had fun. It was good for all the people. I'm so glad the poison didn't work. ;-)

Then we came home and slept -- for the rest of Sunday, all of Sunday night, and most of Monday morning! I'm still a little sleepy, truth be told. But yes, it was good.

Kiss those babies!
~Dy

3 comments:

Heidi said...

The primary reason my lad joined Tiger Cubs years ago was the slide show of Cubs sleeping at our science museum, and we did five times. Good times. Thanks for sharing your adventure it brought back good memories.

-- Heidicrafts

Kathy said...

Hope you all are safe. Crazy weather!

Looks like they had fun at the science museum. Love the faces...reminds me of han solo in star wars.

Kathy said...

Hope you all are ok!