Thursday, October 6

A check up, a follow up, and a plan.

We had our Troop's planning meeting at our place this week. It was a blast, and the boys came up with some fantastic ideas for the coming year. They were enthusiastic and engaged, which is always a good thing. (It helps if you give them food, first. And fire. Fire is always good.)

I had my follow up with the dentist this week. All is well, and I got asked to the prom. I love his sweet, silly staff! My also-sweet-but-proper dentist... well, he'll get used to us, eventually.

James had a check up with the surgeon this morning. I about passed. out. upon seeing the x-rays (honestly, I was expecting things to look like they are trying to knit back together, at least a little bit maybe, at this point - yeah, they don't, at all), but the surgeon is quite pleased with the healing process and wants to see him again in two weeks. He seemed to be able to see the gaping holes, but since everything is straight, he's not worried. M'kay, then, we won't worry (much), either.

The weather is gorgeous, and I am chomping at the bit to get out and do some hiking before things get cold and damp and windy and wintery. In honor of my latest fixation, the boys have kept busy picking out places to go. (Actually, I think they're picking out places so that they can have some control over the terrain and access to food, shelter, and emergency medical services. They're quick studies.)

Kiss those babies!
~Dy

3 comments:

Kathy said...

Looks like lots of fun with scouting!

Yay on the dental checkup!

I hope James' arm will knit back together soon. But I guess it is a good sign that the surgeon is pleased.

Hope you were able to enjoy the weather. It is rainy and chilly here but the leaves are changing colors. I love fall!

Heidicrafts said...

Hooray for all.

I see on the white board that OUTING is underlined. One of out leaders also puts a line through the S and C to highlight the dollars and cents needed to make it happen.

Because you homeschool and are interested in education, I will point out that it is "champing" at the bit. I'm sure it is merely a typo on your part. :)

Our Scouts recently camped at the Scout Camp in the next council over. That camp keeps horses and offers the Horsemanship MB. Many of our boys loved it.

P.S. Check out my new blog, which is Scouting info related.

Dy said...

Ha! Heidi! Yes, that's what I meant. Thank you. :blush: I'll check out that camp - that would be fantastic! And your new blog - fun!

Kathy, we finally got a porch swing on the front porch - just in time for the acorn barrage on the balcony! Absolutely loving this weather, yes.