Monday, April 11

Fun on the water

First of all, it's fun being three. Mainly, you can fish without having to worry about what to do with the fish you catch. He didn't even want a hook - just threw the weight into the water and reeled it back in. For an hour. Good stuff, that.



A friend of Zorak's invited us to go sailing on Saturday. We went, and had a truly lovely time. Oh, my gosh, it was spectacular! I found myself wishing we'd bought a place on the water. (We'd considered it, but when we learned of EmBaby's pending arrival, we decided we weren't up for having wee non-swimmers on a lake-front home. We're just not that organized.) Still... life in a flotation device can't be that bad, could it?

James enjoyed the rigging. And the tacking. And all the little details that make sailing what it is. I think our friend has awoken the seed of interest, there.

The rest of the crew enjoyed it, as well, but I think the allergies kept them from firing on all cylinders. James has dealt with allergies since he was five. This is the first year ALL THE REST OF US have them, too. It's like we're walking around in a haze. Blech. Doesn't stop us from enjoying the days, but it sure cuts down on our ability to focus.



At the end of the day, nobody was burnt (YAY!), everyone had fun (YAY!), and four of the kids were asleep before we hit the highway (um... not so yay). We hope to do this again soon. It was a lot of fun.

Kiss those babies!
~Dy

3 comments:

Jennie C. said...

I can't believe you passed up the lake front home just because you were pregnant. ;-) Looks like you all had a fun day, though! And, my goodness, those kids are getting big!

Anonymous said...

Lost your blog when my computer crashed. glad to have found you again. Sorry about the allergies...we never had any trouble until lately.

Love the pics.
Kathy

Dy said...

Jennie, I did. I'm a total coward, it's true. But three of five can swim, now. As soon as at least one of them gets lifeguard certified, we're so getting a boat!

Kathy, I'm sorry you're having allergy trouble, too. Blech. It's good to have you back again!