Wednesday, September 9

Sweet, Sweet Six

Six? Wow. He's so happy about it. We are, too. We're just a bit caught off guard. Six? I blame Jess and Andie for letting their kids turn six. Then everybody wants to jump on the bandwagon and do it, too. (Keep 'em off the bridges, okay, guys?)
Since we're *still* in the middle of the Mad Rush To Finish, we all agreed that a belated, joint party, later would be best. When we're done with the Madness and the Rushing and can relax a bit. He was good with that. So very good with that, really. But still... *today* was his birthday.
So this morning, there were fudge ripple pancakes (from The Plant That Ate Dirty Socks), and there was singing, and there were phone calls that made him smile a sheepish smile.
For tonight, he picked shrimp scampi, with salad and garlic bread for supper. And for his cake? Cheesecake. The four-pack sampler from Sam's, to be specific. I love that kid, and his taste in food.
And now, he is six.

Kiss those babies!
~Dy

(The pics are bad b/c they're from my phone. The camera finally died a horrific death and needs to be shuffled off to ICU. Later. After the rushing and the madness have died down, and I can get it boxed up.)

7 comments:

Melora said...

Looks like a great day! Happy birthday, Smidge! (or has he outgrown Smidge?)

Dy said...

Yes, he seems to have outgrown it, entirely. Not even on Tuesdays, now. Just Jacob. *sigh* That's a hard one to let go of. But people who meet him now don't see the little smidge of a thing he once was, with his little 3T shirts and 18mos. jeans. LOL! He's quite well-proportioned and big, now.

mere said...

Happy, happy, belated birthday Smidge!

Love, the M. family

Robb said...

Dy,

I was reading your blog when you gave birth to Smidge. My daughter Bella will be 7 in November. I have been reading your blog that long! We are finally getting ready to try for baby number two. I envy your nest of hatchlings. You and Zorak are very fortunate. Happy Birthday to Jacob!

Urban Mom said...

Happy Belated, Jacob/Smidge! I'm thinking that we should arrange a marriage -- you can pick which Urban Kid. It would be perfect! I would know that at least one of my daughters will end up with a guy who is cute, smart, has excellent taste, comes from a nice family and would get along well with her MIL.
Ok, I'm joking. (Well, mostly.)
=-)
Hope that the camera fully recovers!

Heather said...

I love his taste in food too! Happy Birthday Smidge. It looks like you had a grand day.

And Dy, remember six is an awful, horrible age. But one day he will be 7 and life will continue. I warned you with James so it is only fair that I give you a gentle reminder so you don't think about drowning him in the tub. Not that you would really do it...

XOXOXO
Your crazy Utah friend, Heather

Anonymous said...

Wow! That kiddle has great food taste:)

P