Monday, September 7

OK, that didn't work.

The joint compound would. not. dry. this weekend. Just wouldn't dry. And so, we still do not have a functioning bathroom. (Took me five minutes to type this. This is why I only blog at night, when everybody is in bed. Obviously, I am not alone at the moment.) However, we did get up more trim, more do-dads, and got a plan for something that we didn't realize needed a plan until we got to it and it wouldn't work.

Anyway, the upshot is that Jason hasn't figured out where we are all day, so at least we have hope that he won't get in there and help with the texturing, when we get to it. I'm also keeping my fingers crossed that we could potentially pee in peace for a week or so before he figures it out!

Everything else is done that can be done, for now. And now, we wait. And pray for an arid few days. And a breeze. That'd be handy, too.

What'd you all do this weekend?

Kiss those babies!
~Dy

4 comments:

mere said...

Well, we we didn't work on the house! We did make it to church--that was huge!

I think we are settling into a rythm and this is very good. Can't wait to see more pics!

mere

Sheila said...

Ugh....you are not making me happy about work we have to do in our master bath. They wallpapered directly onto unpirmed drywall. As I take the old wallpaper off, most of the drywall paper comes along with it. I'll have to resurface the entire room's walls before I can do anything. Did I mention this bathroom has a cathedral ceiling and a skylight.

You know, if you're stealthy....the kids might not ever discover the room. Or you can get a cler glass shwer door like we have. The kids are so appalled by the it that they never come into my bathroom anymore.

Emily (Laundry and Lullabies) said...

We spent Saturday relaxing (much needed) and Sunday was church and a family dinner with relatives. And on Monday we CLEANED. Seriously turned the house upside down. Didn't get everything that I'd hoped to do, done, but I promised my husband that we'd be "done" at lunch time, so what can you do? :) Nice to start the week with a *really* clean house!

Dy said...

Meredith, you made it to church!?!?! Wow, lady, you're a dynamo! But don't push yourself too hard, okay? I worry. :-)

Sheila, I think, at that point, I'd be tempted to rip the drywall off and start over. Ugh. Ugh-ugh. Do you texture your walls?

Emily, that *is* a really nice way to start the week, and with three itty bitty wee ones on the go, it's a treat. I'm glad you got a little headway to start the week off well! It feels great, doesn't it?