Tuesday, January 17

Mrmmpfh

So, early morning ballet class is a bad idea. Should've seen that coming. But I got a few miles in before the rain came, and Jacob had a good class. Plus, there is joy in Alabama, now. I present to you:


YES! We now have Circle K. More importantly, we now have Circle K coffee.

The other day, we were cruising down the Parkway and I saw there'd been changes to the Kangaroo (a local convenience store/gas station chain). I saw the sign. I saw the circle. My mind, however, was scrambling to process what this meant. (With many stores being fairly regional, you grow accustomed to the ones in your area. And to the absence of the ones from other areas.) This beauty hails from Arizona. I haven't seen one in years and years. Cognitively, it was like seeing a Rainbow Foods grocery or a Kings grocery. Or maybe even a Brontosaurus. Here.

*squee*

That was enough to salvage the morning. And perhaps every early morning in town from here on out.

Be encouraged!

~Dy

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I grew up mostly in Idaho, and we had Circle K's there and in Oregon. I miss them! That friendly circle!

Plus, there's always something afoot at the Circle K, dude. ;)

Hillary