Wednesday, June 6

Scheduling Mishap

I'd hoped to send a care package yesterday to the boys at camp. (I'm not GOOD at it, like a friend of mine is - hers are themed and full of awesomeness. Mine are invariably thrown together at the last minute, and vaguely reflective of the fact that their mother can't quite get it together. Still, I like to think they don't mind so much... I do pull up shy of sending socks and underwear, at least. Although I did include waterproof bandages for James' broken thumb.)

However, with the whomping total six hours of sleep the Littles obtained from Thursday through Sunday, we were bound to have a halt on the assembly line at some point. Jase went down Sunday around five, slept til ten, got up for a bite and went back down until eleven Monday morning. Jacob and Em seemed fine. Weird, but I'd thought that was it, and began congratulating myself on producing superhuman robot children. Ah, no. (Which is good, because that whole concept is a little scary. But I was looking for a silver lining and, well, that's all I had.) EmBaby hung in there long enough to get in a day at the water park before coming unraveled on a cellular level. And when she went, she went quietly and deeply. Snuggled in Monday night at 8, and slept straight through until well after noon yesterday.

So we stayed home and did laundry. And checked on her occasionally. But even for us, there's only so much laundry to be done. By about eleven, we were just having fun with it. Here's how you can use a mirror to see if someone is breathing. Listen to her back. You can hear her heartbeat. Cool, huh? Want another cupcake? If we gave her weird dreams, she never mentioned it. She did pop out of bed a little before one, fully rejuvenated and ready to take on the world again!

We got the box put together, then missed the post office by about four minutes. But it's ready! It's together! (I'll take it up there and leave it in the office so they'll get it with regular mail call. It's just not the same if your Mother hands it to you at camp.)

Do you send care packages? What do you like to put in them? I'm always looking for ideas! Not that I'll get on them ahead of time, but every little bit helps. I've got three more coming up the line!

Kiss those babies!
~Dy

3 comments:

Kathy said...

oops I have never sent a care package to scout camp! Our camp runs from Sunday-Saturday. We usually go to the last night campfire/order of the arrow ceremony, which is pretty impressive, and then bring our boy home Friday night.

Hope everyone stays well and that you have a healthy happy summer!

Heidi in Wa said...

Regarding Boy Scout Camp Care Packages, I am the looser mom who forgets each year, until we hit the mid point where "it won't get there in time, and we will do better next year". Fortunately, my mother remembers everytime and sends a whole pan of rice krispy treats for sharing. Good times for all. Since he has both NYLT and camp this year, hopefully I can do better. Our area does not have a family night, so they come home dirty and happy on Saturday sometime. This year they are going to Camp Grizzley in Idaho so their drive will be l-o-n-g.
Have a fun summer.

Dy said...

I'm glad I'm in good company! :-)