Thursday, May 12

Easter.

Huh. I'd posted a couple days ago about the recovery process here in Northern Alabama. But it's... gone. Ah, I guess Blogger was doing something while I was posting, perhaps? Ah, okay. I'll have to write that one up again, later. Right now, I'm geared up to get these Easter pictures up.

Easter was lovely. We have such a fun mix of ages. James "hunted" eggs by walking with the littles and making casual remarks like, "Oh, that tree would be a lovely place to hide an egg!" and "I wonder if the Easter Bunny likes horseshoes?" Emily and Jase would squeal with delight as they discovered their treasure after acting upon these "subtle hints". We had so much fun watching him at work.

Emily helped Jase, too. And Jase just had a wonderful time. I think he still checks the yard when he goes outside to play.

Jacob is at that wonderful age where he's able to find, able to help, and still young enough to be really excited by his own discoveries. Every year, I think this is it - I couldn't possibly enjoy these kids more. And every year, they surprise me with their joy and their depth. This is a really cool gig.

Sharon generously took about a bazillion shots of all of us together. I need a super editor that can paste the heads from other shots onto the one that's the best of most of us. Until then, this was a relatively decent family photo. The last one of the year, most likely. Next time, Jase won't need to be restrained and James will probably be taller than I. Wow, where does it all go? I could have sworn I was right here for all of it!



We hope your Easter was just as blessed as ours. There is, truly, so much to celebrate.

Kiss those babies!
~Dy
Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

Spinneretta said...

Blogger had to remove some of the posts posted since the 5th- they said they will put them back later O_o
But I did get to read your other post LOL

I like the family photo :)

Jennie C. said...

Blogger comments were down yesterday when I tried to write, and everybody on blogger seems to be repeat posting today. Check your drafts, maybe? Everybody else is reposting word for word, so it must be there somewhere!

Dy said...

Ah, thanks guys! Maybe it'll go back up. That would be cool. For now, it's gone-gone. Not even if the drafts. However, it's nice to be back up and running!

Emily (Laundry and Lullabies) said...

You have such a beautiful family!

Dy said...

Aw, thanks, Emily. I feel the same way about your brood, too!