Tuesday, September 14

Busy, Busy Autumn!

Ish. Busy Autumnish. But close. We've had two days in a row with temps below 90. I'm wallowing in it. Of course, I'm also sweating my arse off because I keep insisting on wearing a hooded sweatshirt in honor of Fall! Yeah, I know. If I'd had this little self-restraint in the 1800's, they'd have shot me on the starting line for the homesteading race.

The home computer got kneecapped by a cranky motherboard. Uncle Wil said he will help us fix it. In the meantime, we're on a replacement placeholder thing that has no pictures, and I haven't figured out how to get the software we might need switched over. It's bare bones, this. But we have email, we can pay bills, and I figured out how to lock down the connection, so it's all good.

School is going well, aside from the tarbaby routine the kids seem to have going. Slow.er. than. molasses. (Then Zorak went and told them the joke about how to make molasses, and now I cannot say that they are slow as molasses, because they all start laughing and Jake Rabbit laughs so hard he cries, and then for the rest of the day he starts chortling and choking at random intervals, eventually emitting the punchline to the joke. I never know when it will strike. So, I've got to come up with another colloquialism to use to describe how freakishly slowly they accomplish their morning routines.)

And then there is the tendency to get sidetracked, which they come by honestly. *aherm* (looks around, whistles a tune, wanders off...)

Kiss those babies!
~Dy

1 comment:

Melora said...

Sorry about your computer. Mine's getting ready for a visit to the shop -- so inconvenient!
And I Love hearing about other people's Slow working children! Sorry to be taking pleasure at your pain, but that's how it is. Travis is currently soaking in the tub (at 10:54 am). He finished math and a paragraph of a composition, then found a spot on his foot that needed soaking and realized that what he really needed was a good bath. I told him to make it quick, but he is happily wallowing. Which means that I should be focusing my attention on Katie instead of reading blogs, but I got sidetracked. As you noted, they come by it honestly!