Thursday, October 1

Virtual Friday

Tomorrow, Zorak is off for the day, and so are we. Well, from school. There's still work to be done, wood to be hauled, equipment to be moved. But, in theory, we're off for the day. Which means today we must bust a hump and really make some progress.

It's been a slow week. It's been one of those weeks where you look at the children making origami (drawing pictures, having swordfights) and you think, "I'm pretty sure the math we JUST went over isn't done yet."

No sooner have you made the rounds, getting everybody back on task, only to return to your original spot to find the beginnings of a paper crane...

a stunningly complex rendition of Harry Potter Meets Captain Nemo...

and clue in to what's happening, just in time to duck a particularly wild sword thrust.

Repeat. Repeat. Repeat. Feed them. Get back to the repeating part.

Collapse into a heap around ten PM, with a glass of wine and a pile of peanut butter cups. Watch as many episodes of Chuck as you can before your spouse starts making snarky comments about how he could be an inept spy, too, if it would help.

The down side is that you get to get up and do it all. over. again.

The up side is that you DO get to get up and do it all over again.

Today, I'm taking the sword to the crane for "history". But I think we may just call the drawings "art". I'm out of wine.

Kiss those babies!
~Dy

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love in action ~ that's totally what you are doing!

Thanks for the reminder, and the sharing.

Create a great day!

Pamela

Emily (Laundry and Lullabies) said...

I love the wine and peanut butter cups and snarky husband comments. ROFL!

I'm still taking baby steps (with very muddy boots on???) trying to figure out this life-with-three-kids-and-preschool-with-one thing. There MUST be a way to get it all done, but so far I haven't found it!

Like always, your blog cheers me up. Thanks!

Erin said...

I Love Chuck!!! I also love living in a county that's not dry. There's even a bar in walking distance if I get truly desperate! I might need to go later...The boy threw his gun at the window and shattered it. New rule, NO throwing firearms indoors. I'm going to the bar now :)

mere said...

We've got a really cool jig saw puzzle you can try...It will make doing origami look very productive!

mere