Sunday, February 1

Where We've Been


What? It's been an entire week since I've written? This is why we need to buy a laptop. (Jess mentioned Craigslist, and I think I'm going to check that out. It'd be easier to skimp on the grocery and gas money to buy one than to hide from the doctors because of it.) Anyway, that's sort of beside the point.

What's the point? The point is that, while nearly everyone we know was iced in, or wet, or cold, or just waiting for spring... we weren't. We were at the beach!

Well, no, I take that back. We were kind of cold. The kids were, anyway. But that's because my children have no sense at all (not to mention no body fat to speak of), and got IN the water. What is wrong with these people? 70 degrees on the beach may seem quite warm and frolicky, but on the beach covered in sea water, it's not so much... And just when I start to think they may one day be able to live on their own (Oh, they packed their own bags! They remembered to fill their water bottles AND get the bottles into the car! They amused themselves on the trip down! They can do it!)... they go and get wet. Then stand there, trembling and turning blue, and tell me they aren't ready to go inside yet.

*blink*
I'm thinking it's a good thing we have a few years yet before we must unleash them on the world.

And we had a wonderful trip. But I will fill you in on it this afternoon. Right now, we must find clothes and wash them so we don't have to go nekkid to church. That could be awkward.

Kiss those babies!

~Dy

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yesterday, we had my son's last Webelos activity with his den. While we were at the beach, those silly kids went in the water. With all their clothes on they went into the ocean, the very cold water ocean. Crazy kids. And we're here in San Diego where it really wasn't all that warm. That water had to have been cold! I guess we have some Navy Seals in training! Ha! Brrrrrr.


~sdWTMer

Anonymous said...

If you're looking for a good new computer at a VERY good price, both Staples and Best Buy regularly have sales with laptops at $400 or less. At Staples.com look in the weekly ad under "Specials", and at BestBuy.com click on computers>laptops.

Good luck!
Josh

Melora said...

Well, I'm very impressed that they packed their own cases and took care of their own snacks. I do too much for my kids for their own good. Children just don't seem to have any sense when it comes to cold, though.
On the subject of the computer, Ed got a very nice rebuilt Dell from e-bay, and it hasn't given any trouble (yet).

Anonymous said...

How did that one get through Dy?

~sdWTMer

Dy said...

Josh, thanks for the heads up on the deals. I'll keep my eye on those sales!

Julie, I can't believe they went in in their clothes! Oh, there's nothing warm to put on when you get back out!! Em did that the day we met w/ friends. I didn't think she'd go in, but she did. Ended up having to play in her skivvies, since that was actually warmer than playing in wet clothes. :-P

Anonymous said...

My goodness, that picture of your wee daughter is jsut wonderful!

Beach!!! Ooohhhh...just the thought of it is heaven on earth in the midst of way too cold winter in the northwest.

Enjoy it all! And, thanks for sharing.

Pamela