Saturday, October 29

The Remodel, Day 10

Zorak got up early to go work on the house. The boys and I were going to follow after we'd done our thing. But they all piled in the bed, and it looked so warm and inviting... So Zorak came back to snuggle.

I love that he'll do that. We won't ever be able to snuggle exactly like that again, with the sun coming through the slats at just that angle, with just that gentle morning glow illuminating three small pairs of smiling eyes. The smell of little children, the feel of their downy hair, the giggles and grumbles as they burrow like Very Large Rodents under the various corners of the comforter... tomorrow they'll be a day bigger. Tomorrow will be special, as well, but it won't be today. I'm glad for today.

And then it was off to work!!

Zorak headed out, hitched up the house a bit and decimated the subflooring that has caused me no end of grief. If I thought for one minute I could talk him into it, I'd buy him a Roman Gladiator outfit to wear while he works...

The boys and I ran to the store, then to our Wonderful Neighbors' home. We reconned the place for them, set off bug bombs, took some pictures, and headed to the FH. On the way out of their place, I noticed that the road directly across from their house leads straight to ours! A bridge is out right now, so it's closed, but that'll make the distance even less once it reopens! What fun!

At the house, the boys played. The boys worked. The boys ate like little men and sucked down Gatorade with a satisfying sigh. Zorak worked. I worked, then cleaned, then worked. Then cleaned. Then realized I was doing the equivalent of mopping the entryway to Graham Central Station in a blizzard and quit.

I did have to rest a bit today - don't know if it was dehydration, exertion, or random misalignment of the cosmos, but I felt a bit crampy and sore. So I sat in the Comfy Mommy Office Chair and spun in circles for a while. Then I lined up the big boys with hammers and directions to "give a little smack" to the nails along the floor joists. Oh, man, that's pretty fun! James said, "This is like playing whack-a-mole, but the moles aren't very smart." Smidge needed a job, too, but I'm not having that many hammers flying in all directions (two eyes = two hammers, no more). I set him to gathering the screws Zorak took from the kitchen floor and gave him the magnetic dish to keep them in. Wow, who knew? Another raging success in the Work-is-FUN category! They got a lot done, and I didn't feel like too much of a sluggard.

We stopped work around seven to hit the feed trough (aka - buffet, Chinese/Mexican buffet this time! Not a combination I'd have written the business plan for, but it was really quite good!) We thoroughly enjoyed eating together, telling stories, praising the boys for a Day Well Done. It's a good way to end the day.

Zorak headed back to the house to work a bit more. The boys and I came home. They're in desperate need of bathing, so I was in a mad rush to get back before they all passed out. Alas, tonight, they are snuggled in, out cold, and still in depserate need of bathing. It'll keep. They can shower in the morning - and then do it all over again! YES!

I think next weekend we might be able to camp out at the house! That'll mean no blogging, but it'll also mean a WHOLE LOTTA WORK. And a Very Cool Experience. All the way around, it'll be good.

It is SO coming together!

Kiss those babies!
~Dy

3 comments:

Donna Boucher said...

Hi Dy!

I'm so glad you listened to your bod and took it easy :o)

I am having fun trying to find the comments you left at my blog....
You should let me know when you leave a few....I would hate to miss them!
And thank you for getting the Holy Grail joke....
sometimes I am the only owe who thinks I'm funny :o)

Donna

Laney said...

I am jealous, again, now for the buffet! They got some fine eats down yonder part o' the country!

I really can't wait to see how everything is coming together!

Linda said...

I love your description of snuggling. You're so right--there's only one TODAY. Carpe Diem!

Time for me to do a little spinning myself....