Sunday, December 31

Oh, the Humidity!

97% right now. Oy.

I still haven't adjusted to the humidity level here. In New Mexico, if the humidity hits 20%, you wouldn't even think of painting. It'd never dry properly! Here, if we got down to 20% humidity, I'd let the kids starve for 24 hours straight while I painted every flat surface we have. Maybe even trim. I might even paint things that don't need painting, just in case.

So, it's been a quiet weekend here. We're missing church again because the kids haven't quite shaken the snot monster yet. They aren't miserable, but I am every time I hear *that sound* and have to shout, "DON'T SUCK IT IN!" And the little ones? They've burned a month's worth of calories going rounds in the Ultimate Toddler Fighting Championship each time we need to wipe their wee noses or, God forbid, use the snot sucker. That alone is worth not subjecting fellow congregants to. And so, we are cloistered safely at home with a full array of tissue choices and plenty of water. It's good.

And today is the last day of 2006. Man, I remember when I thought 1999 would *never* get here. And now... well, obviously it made it. And thar it went! No desire to get reflective. It's been a good year with plenty of reflection, the occasional bout of wallowing, and a lot of plans brought to fruition. I have no idea what we're doing, but it seems to be working, and honestly, I'm afraid I'll screw it up if I try to pinpoint just what it is. We're going to head into 2007 with the general philosophy,
Don't mess with what works, even if you're not sure why it's working.
Just smile and nod, folks. Smile. And. Nod.

And kiss those babies!
~Dy

1 comment:

Laney said...

LOL, I can relate to the humidity!

I found some quotes by "The Duke." I hope you can use 'em! Oh, and, the "stupid" quote that you found on WTM is credited back to JW! :-)

Courage is being scared to death - but saddling up anyway.
John Wayne

Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes into us at midnight very clean. It's perfect when it arrives and it puts itself in our hands. It hopes we've learned something from yesterday.
John Wayne

Talk low, talk slow, and don't talk too much.
John Wayne, Advice on acting

Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday.
John Wayne

Get off your horse and drink your milk.
John Wayne
(This one is just hilarious!)

Laney


Healthy, lusty sex is wonderful.
John Wayne
Oops! How'd that one get there? *grin*