Thursday, July 21

That went quickly!

Hi. It's Thursday. Zorak arrived safely. The boys and I had a great week. I am officially useless after about seven, though, and it was nice to have him back today.

Yesterday we lost power yesterday and the phone line died, too. There was a cable cut somewhere down the road and I guess they caught e-v-e-r-y-t-h-i-n-g with whatever large digging implement they had on hand. We had power back within half an hour, but the phone line just never came back on. When I called, the nice Phone Guy said they should have it back up by Monday. (YIKES!) I guess, contractually, they have five days to make repairs. Weird. I gave him the "small children in the house" bit and he put me on the imaginary list that makes callers feel better. As if they could or would miraculously restore phone service to just my apartment rather than the entire complex, I know - and as if there aren't small children in all four complexes down this road, yes. I know. But you know, it does work, and "the caller" does feel better having been told they're on the "priority list". So I'm mentally frail at this point and a panacea actually works - I'm good with that.

The boys had their swim lesson tonight. I am thankful the instructor is so kind and diligent, and I'm even more thankful it's not on my shoulders anymore. Well, not solely on my shoulders. I've changed the plan for our weeks: we'll do lessons, go swim as a family, come home and hide from the hot 'n sticky afternoons. Then when Zorak comes home, I'll take one boy each evening down to the pool for some one-on-one interaction. I figure I'm not gettin' any smaller this summer, so any extra time in the bliss of less gravitational force is a bonus for me. The individual time with each of the boys will be fun. And... they really, really need it. Other than that, I'm just going to reiterate that I am. so. thankful. to have this man teach them this process. It was painful just to watch from the hallway. Ugh.

That's about all here. I had some thoughts brewing on motherhood and family the other day, but they're going to have to ferment a bit longer. I cheated and read the last chapter of Doctor Zhivago this afternoon, and now I've got to finish reading so I can find out how they got from here to there. Happy reading!

Kiss those babies!
~Dy

6 comments:

Kathy Jo DeVore said...

*grin* I'm like that, too, with being put on someone's imaginary list. Basically, I just want someone to agree with me-- that the whole thing stinks, and I'm being put upon. :~D Then I get out of my dither and get on with my life.

Laney said...

Hey! So glad you are back. I know about that list, LOL!!!

Kim said...

Well, you may not be getting any smaller this summer, but it's an exciting way to get bigger.

J-Lynn said...

Hey, you're not supossed to peek at the end! ROFL like I can talk right? ;-)

My MIL buys books in the wrong order in series and reads them however she wants...lol

I'm glad the lessons are going well!

melissa said...

Glad that you're back, Dy!

Patty in WA or Rover said...

I distinctly recall being exceptionally bouyant when I was pregnant. Sort of like having a built-in floatie.

I read the back of the book, too. Always. It drives my dh insane. But I can't figure out the mystery if i don't know whodunit. And tonight, reading the back of The Chosen gave me a clue about a literary device the author was using in the middle. So, I'll continue the practice.

As for the 39-page speech, that's sort of how I feel in the middle of the 2nd LOTR book. "Not ORCS again! Good grief!"